APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2021 ENTRY ARE NOW CLOSED
The application form is still live, but completed forms received after 23:59 on Friday 11 December will be added to the waiting list for September 2021. If you wish to complete an aplication and join the waiting list, please follow the link to the online application form in the left hand column (on a PC) or scroll down (on mobile device).
Please Note: The overall minimum entry requirement for Hinchley Wood is 7 GCSE passes, comprising grades 9 - 4, INCLUDING English and Maths. Individual subject, minimum grade requirements can be viewed via the link in the left hand column (bottom of the page on a mobile device) of this page.
Subject Choices: we understand that applicants can sometimes change their minds about the choice of subjects they select in an application. It is, therefore, possible to change subjects up until enrolment day, provided they fit within the options table and the student meets our entry criteria. If you complete an application and wish to make a change, please log-in to your application account, make the amendment and re-submit the form.
- There is no catchment area for Hinchley Wood Sixth Form.
- Places are offered based on minimum entry requirements being achieved.
- Current Hinchley Wood students do not have automatic entry.
- Please click here for Sixth Form Application Supplementary Information Form - to be completed only if you are a current member of Hinchley Wood School staff.
Sixth Form Admissions enquiries to: Fiona Gravette, Sixth Form Co-ordinator: email@example.com
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMETABLE
The following is an outline of the HWS Sixth Form application process:
- Online applications open in July.
- Open Evening takes place in October.
- Closing date for applications in December.
- Applicants invited for informal review meetings February/March.
- Conditional offer letters emailed to applicants in March; place offers are conditional on candidates meeting the minimum entry requirements upon receipt of GCSE results.
- Induction Day offered in June.
- Enrolment takes place on same day as GCSE results are issued in August.
PLEASE NOTE: these arrangements are what we hope to offer under normal circumstances. However, with the ongoing exceptional circumstances in place, arrangements for some of the events will be changed.