About the Curriculum
Hinchley Wood School works hard to create a rich and stimulating curriculum and in particular seeks to:
- promote a caring and positive learning environment.
- meet individuals' needs through suitably differentiated learning experiences.
- promote students’ personal development and well being in lessons, extra curricular activities and through the personal, social and health education programme.
- promote equality of opportunity and positive attitudes towards all members of the community.
- develop individual’s communication and performance skills as well as enhance their critical and creative thinking skills.
- enable students to develop the skills to be independent learners.
The school operates a 10 day timetable with five lessons a day and homework set according to each subject requirement. We work closely with and enjoy good relationships with all local primary schools to ensure continuity in the curriculum and monitoring of students’ progress when they transfer from Year 6 to Year 7.
We constantly evaluate our methods of teaching and actively promote different styles of learning and new approaches to curriculum delivery.
Please click on the documents below to see what your son or daughter will study each year.
|Curriculum Map Year 7||31st Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 8||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 9||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 10||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 11||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 12||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|Curriculum Map Year 13||11th Jan 2017||Download|
|GCSE Subject Details||31st Jan 2017||Download|
|Year 10-11 Revision Guide & Wider Reading List||11th Jan 2017||Download|