Adverse Weather Protocol
Please note, in the event of a severe weather warning that may affect the school’s normal opening hours, the following procedures will be put in place:
- As soon as we are alerted to severe weather an email will be sent to parents with regular updates (if you know of a parent that would not receive an email we would ask that you would help them by notifying them there may be a closure)
- Any decision to close the school will be made by 7am. Information will be emailed to parents and posted on the front page of the website.
- www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk will be updated on a regular basis – you will need to refresh your browser if you stay logged on to the website
- Wherever possible, we will have the school phone manned for telephone queries.
- There will be a skeleton staff manning the telephones and to be on hand should a student not get the message and arrive at school.
What happens if the weather deteriorates during the school day?
- The school will only close in the event of severe weather or on advice from the Local Authority. The decision will be made by the Headteacher.
- The decision will be posted on the website, sent by email and students will be permitted to text a dictated message to parents.
- Wherever possible, we will arrange for the school buses to come early.
- Students that are normally collected will be instructed to contact parents for advice on what to do.
- Students walking home will be advised to walk in groups.
- School will be kept opened and appropriately staffed until the last student has left the building.
- Please note that staff are not permitted to give lifts to students.
How you can help:
- Relay the message to anyone you know not able to be contacted by the school.
- Where possible, keep regular checks on the school website.
- Talk through the procedure with your son/daughter and plan with them what they should do in the event of bad weather.