September 2022 Secondary School Transfer - Information for Parents
Parents are advised to read the Admissions Criteria for September 2021 and information on how places were offered over the past three years. Please also click on the links below for further clarification relating to our Admissions Criteria:
Admissions Information Presentation
YEAR 7 ADMISSIONS - SEPTEMBER 2022
The closing date for secondary applications is 31st October 2021. Applications are made online through your Local Authority website under the Co-ordinated Scheme for Secondary School Admissions or by paper application - please contact your Local Authority for details.
Please note: If an application is submitted after the closing date (31 October 2021) it will be treated as a late applicant and therefore may not receive an offer of a school place until after the national offer date, 1 March 2022. In some cases this may not be until the end of June 2022.
After the closing date, if you have not applied you can still apply. If you live locally and pay your Council Tax to Surrey County Council (Elmbridge or another Surrey borough) you can complete a paper parental preference form available from:
Telephone: 0300 200 1004 (before 2pm) or 01483 519890 (after 2pm)
Postal Address: Admissions & Transport Team, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please state that you require a secondary form.
If you live in another area (e.g. Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond) please contact the Schools Admissions Team at your Local Authority as applications must be submitted through your home Authority.
For further information please contact: Gill Twells, Admissions Officer on 0208 398 7161 extn 110.
Important Dates for Applicants:
- 1 September 2021 - online admissions opened
- 22 September 2021 - Hinchley Wood School Open Evening (Virtual and by invitation only)
- 31 October 2021 - Closing date for applications
- 1 March 2022 - outcome letters sent from the Local Authority by first class post to parents who applied on paper and to parents who applied online but cannot be offered their first preference school. Applicants who applied online will be sent an email or receive a notification through the app 'ParentComms@ with their outcome. Online applicants may also log in to their online account to view the outcome.
- 15 March 2022 - date by which parents must accept or decline their offer of a school place.
- 23 March 2022 - Parents may contact the school to find out their child's position on the waiting list by telephoning the Admissions Team on 202 8398 7161 extn. 110
- 18 April 2022 - notice of intent to lodge an appeal to be given to Admissions Officer (see note below)
- 18 April 2022 - appeals forms available to download (see note below)
- 20 June 2022 - date by which appeals to be heard
ADMISSION APPEALS – SEPTEMBER 2022 ENTRY (YEAR 7)
In the event that we are unable to offer your child a place, there is an appeals procedure that gives a parent the right of appeal to an independent committee. If you would like to lodge an appeal please contact Mrs G Twells, Admissions Officer at the school by 18 April 2022 in the first instance.
All admission appeals for this school are handled by the Surrey Schools Appeals Service. All arrangements are made through the Appeals Service and, in normal circumstances, appeals take place at a venue to be confirmed. However, if Covid-19 restrictions are in place, school appeals may be run as audio appeals using a conference call system. The exception to this is for multiple appeals for the same school and same year group where Stage 1 will be heard on paper and Stage 2 via audio.
Parents who have informed the school of their intent to appeal will be able to download the necessary forms and guidance notes from the Surrey County Council website: http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schoolappeals . Please note: completed forms should be returned to Surrey County Council by the deadline given by Surrey Schools Appeals Service in order to allow sufficient time to prepare for the appeals to be heard in June. If you would prefer to receive a hard copy of the forms and guidance notes, please contact the Surrey Schools Appeals Service.
Contact Details for appeals information:
Mrs G Twells
Telephone: 020 8398 7161 ext 110
Please note that the deadline for submission of any additional, late evidence from appellants, that is not sent with the initial appeal, is no later than 5.00pm on the day preceding three clear working days prior to the appeal hearing date. Any evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal.