APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2023 open Mid July
OPEN EVENING FOR SEPTEMBER 2023 ENTRY takes place October 2022
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
- MID JULY: Online application opens
- OPEN EVENING: October 2022 (for entry 2023) - Exact date tbd
- DECEMBER: Applications closing date - December 2022
- MARCH/APRIL: Applicants invited for informal review meetings
- APRIL: Conditional offer letters emailed to applicants; offers are conditional on candidates meeting the minimum entry requirements upon receipt of GCSE results. At this stage EXTERNAL APPLICANTS will be asked to provide a copy of their most recent progress report, a short personal statement and reference from their current school.
- JUNE: Induction Day: for 2022 applicants this is Monday 27 June
- AUGUST: Enrolment takes place on GCSE results day
The overall minimum entry requirement for Hinchley Wood is 7 GCSE passes, comprising grades 9 - 4, INCLUDING English and Maths. Individual subject, minimum grade requirements can be viewed via the link in the left hand column (bottom of the page on a mobile device) of this page.
A Level Courses - we understand that applicants can sometimes change their minds about the choice of subjects they select in an application. It is, therefore, possible to change subjects up until enrolment day, provided they fit within the options table and the student meets our entry criteria. If you complete an application and wish to make a change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY SEPTEMBER 2022
Late applications* for September 2022 entry will automatically be placed on a waiting list. Please see the link to the online application form HERE or in the left hand column of this page (below if you are viewing on a phone or tablet).
*Those received after 10 December 2021
- There is no catchment area for Hinchley Wood Sixth Form.
- Places are offered based on minimum entry requirements being achieved.
- Current Hinchley Wood students do not have automatic entry.
- Please click HERE for Sixth Form Application Supplementary Information Form - to be completed only if you are a current member of Hinchley Wood School staff.
Sixth Form Admissions enquiries to: Fiona Gravette, Sixth Form Co-ordinator: email@example.com