About the Curriculum
Hinchley Wood School works hard to create a rich and stimulating curriculum and in particular seeks to:
- promote a caring and positive learning environment.
- be inclusive and meet individual needs
- promote students’ personal development and well being in lessons, extra curricular activities and through the personal, social and health education programme.
- promote equality of opportunity and positive attitudes towards all members of the community.
- develop individual’s communication and performance skills as well as enhance their critical and creative thinking skills.
- enable students to develop the skills to be independent learners in a diverse world
We deliver the Key Stage 3 Curriculum in Years 7-9 with students studying a broad range of subjects before they begin their Key Stage 4 GCSE choices in Year 10. Our Sixth Form curriculum offers A ‘level subjects as well as enrichment and student leadership opportunities. The school operates a two week timetable. Homework is set according to each subject requirement.
If you wish to find out more about our curriculum structure and philosophy please click on the Curriculum Statement and Ambition 75 statement, using the link at the end of this page.
In order to find out what your child will be studying in each subject, please click on the links below for subject Curriculum Maps:
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Design & Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Philosophy, Religion & Ethics
We work closely with and enjoy good relationships with all local primary schools to ensure continuity in the curriculum and monitoring of students’ progress when they transfer from Year 6 to Year 7.
Our more detailed Curriculum Statement and Ambition 75 Statement can be found here.